NOTICES REGARDING THE COVID-19 VIRUS
East Tawas Community Center Re-Opening
The Center will reopen Monday, January 25, 2021 in limited capacity:
1. Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Tuesday, Thursday from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
2. Due to stringent sanitization requirements, the Circuit training room and exercise equipment on the track will not be available at this time. Track and floor activities only at this time.
3. There will be no facility rentals due to the 10 person limit on indoor gatherings.
4. There will be limited capacities (15 on the track at one time, 20 on the gym floor at one time.)
5. According to the Governor’s order, face masks must be worn at all times, even while exercising (including when walking, playing pickleball, playing basketball, etc.)
6. All patrons will be required to practice social distancing while in the Community Center/City Hall Facility.
7. Patrons will be required to fill out and sign a “health screening form”, a sign-in sheet and allow staff to take their temperature. All patrons will be required to sign in and out (as required in the State order) in order to aid in contact tracing.
The East Tawas City Park Campground is now open to all RV customers. We have limited restroom and shower facilites available at this time. Due to the coronavirus and for everyone's individual safety, we encourage everyone to use the restroom and shower facilities in their own RV's. Please be sure to follow CDC guidelines for the prevention of the spread of coronavirus while in the campground and day parks.
As you all know, we are in the middle of a worldwide health pandemic unlike anything most of us have faced in our lifetimes. The City of East Tawas and the East Tawas City Park are committed to the health of our residents and visitors and are taking precautions to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus with guidance from state and county health officials.
While we understand these measures to slow the spread of COVID-19 may cause some frustrations, we are committed to keeping our employees and the public safe while still delivering essential services. We will continue to monitor this rapidly evolving situation in consultation with health officials to determine if further changes to operations are needed. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this time.