East Tawas Community Center COVID-19 Protocols
The Center will reopen Monday, January 25, 2021 in limited capacity:
1. Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Tuesday, Thursday from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
2. Due to stringent sanitization requirements, the Circuit training room and exercise equipment on the track will not be available at this time. Track and floor activities only at this time.
3. There will be no facility rentals due to the 10 person limit on indoor gatherings.
4. There will be limited capacities (15 on the track at one time, 20 on the gym floor at one time.)
5. According to the Governor’s order, face masks must be worn at all times, even while exercising (including when walking, playing pickleball, playing basketball, etc.)
6. All patrons will be required to practice social distancing while in the Community Center/City Hall Facility.
7. Patrons will be required to fill out and sign a “health screening form”, a sign-in sheet and allow staff to take their temperature. All patrons will be required to sign in and out (as required in the State order) in order to aid in contact tracing.
The East Tawas City Park Campground is now open to all RV customers. We have limited restroom and shower facilites available at this time. Due to the coronavirus and for everyone's individual safety, we encourage everyone to use the restroom and shower facilities in their own RV's. Please be sure to follow CDC guidelines for the prevention of the spread of coronavirus while in the campground and day parks.
As you all know, we are in the middle of a worldwide health pandemic unlike anything most of us have faced in our lifetimes. The City of East Tawas and the East Tawas City Park are committed to the health of our residents and visitors and are taking precautions to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus with guidance from state and county health officials.
While we understand these measures to slow the spread of COVID-19 may cause some frustrations, we are committed to keeping our employees and the public safe while still delivering essential services. We will continue to monitor this rapidly evolving situation in consultation with health officials to determine if further changes to operations are needed. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this time.
Meeting of the East Tawas Park Board
Electronic Meeting Notice
Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
In accordance with Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services’ recommendations designed to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and the amendment to the Open Meetings Act allowing public bodies to use telephone or video conferencing technology to meet and conduct business, the East Tawas Park Board will hold an electronic meeting via telephone/video conferencing at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 13, 2021, for the purpose of essential business operations. For current and up-to-date information regarding the coronavirus, visit:
Members of the public wishing to participate in the meeting through electronic means will have access to the meeting through the following methods:
ELECTRONIC Park Board MEETING ACCESS
For individuals who may wish to give public comment, the method for providing public comment during this remote-participation meeting is to click on the link (or copy and paste to our browser) or call the following numbers:
City of East Tawas is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 831 0493 7485
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,83104937485#,,,,*401289# US (New York)
+13017158592,,83104937485#,,,,*401289# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 831 0493 7485
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kb4qeGyXv
Callers wishing to give public comment may call in before the meeting starts and wait in a “virtual waiting room.” Those calling in will be able to hear the audio of the meeting and make comments as specified below.
ELECTRONIC MEETING PARTICIPATION
The following are the procedures by which persons may contact members of the public body to provide input or ask questions about any business that will come before it.
- Public comment agenda item: To make a public comment, state your name and express your interest when called upon to do so.
- The time limit for an individual’s public comments shall remain 5 minutes.
If you would like to contact the East Tawas Park Board about any matter, on the agenda or otherwise, please do so via the email addresses before 10:30 am on the day of the meeting:
Technical support for this meeting is available by calling East Tawas City Hall at 989-362-6161.