A Message to Our Campers
Welcome to East Tawas City Park!
We hope that you will enjoy your visit to East Tawas and your stay here in the East Tawas City Park. Our Park Personnel will do everything in their power to help make your stay here a pleasant one.
Conditions of Permit
City ordinances and conditions stated below will cover your conduct during the period covered by the permit. Your permit may be revoked without refund for violations of the Park Rules, camping policy or these conditions. REMEMBER: GOOD CAMPERS ARE ALWAYS CON-SIDERATE OF OTHERS!
- Camping will be permitted on established campsites only. One table and one electric outlet per site. Permit must be displayed in campsite post.
- ONLY ONE CAMPING UNIT ALLOWED ON EACH CAMPSITE. TENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED. 37-foot maximum RV limit. A 4' unobstructed pathway must be maintained between camping units.
- No more than two vehicles will be permitted per site. Each vehicle must be PARKED and REGISTERED on YOUR campsite. VEHICLES MUST BE PARKED A MINIMUM OF 7' FROM THE STRIPED CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD. Violators may be towed away.
- VISITORS: Are the responsibility of the campground permittee; may be evicted at any time for violation of park rules; must park in DESIGNATED area only; may not enter the campground after 11:00p.m.
- QUIET must be observed after 11:00 p.m. UNREASONABLE NOISE LEVELS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AT ANY TIME.
- Campsites must be kept clean. ALL GARBAGE MUST BE PUT IN PLASTIC BAGS AND PLACED BY THE NUMBERED POST BETWEEN 8:00A.M. AND3:00 P.M. DAILY. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE TRASH OUT OVERNIGHT!
- No digging, trenching or trimming of trees or limbs permitted.
- WATER USE: There is an additional charge for washing any vehicle or camping unit.
- No dishwashing or fish cleaning permitted in utility rooms or restrooms.
- NO FIRES ON BEACH. Fires are permitted only in CAMPER SUPPLIED ELEVATED CONTAINERS or designated areas. Fires must not be left unattended. The management reserves the right to ban ANY OR ALL campfires at any time.
- PETS: Must be under immediate control on a leash not exceeding 6 feet in length; are allowed on beach in designated area only; CLEAN-UP BY OWNER; MUST NOT BE LEFT UNATTENDED; EXCESSIVE BARKING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
- NO BURYING OF ELECTRICAL CORDS OR WATER HOSES IS ALLOWED.
- NO SOLICITATION IN PARK WITHOUT A PERMIT.
- BICYCLES: For your safety and that of the campers, no bike riding will be allowed after dark if bicycle is not equipped with proper lights; all bicycle riders must observe the park speed limits at all times.
- BEACH: No lifeguard on duty, SWIM AT OWN RISK; Open to public, including the area from utility posts to water's edge; PETS ALLOWED IN DESIGNATED AREA ONLY; no glass containers; Day-Use Area and beach closed at 11:00 p.m. Use designated access areas. DO NOT CUT THROUGH CAMPSITES!
- MOTORCYCLES, SNOWMOBILES, OR 2, 3 or 4-wheeled motorized vehicles are allowed to operate in designated areas only.
- Cruising vehicles in campground are prohibited.
- Nothing, including clotheslines or laundry, is to be hung from any park property. All laundry is to be hung from camper's unit only. Nothing to be placed on or against fence.
- All 100 lb. LP tanks must be SECURELY attached to camping unit. ONLY ONE 100 lb. UNIT ALLOWED PER CAMPSITE.
- "Doughnuts" or sewer hose rings should be used where sewer hoses connect to park sewer hook-ups.
- Park management must approve any/all site improvements in advance.
- THE EAST TAWAS CITY PARK ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY FOR LOST, STOLEN, OR DAMAGED PROPERTY.
EXTENSIONS MUST BE MADE BY 10:00 A.M.
CHECK OUT TIME:
• Memorial Day Weekend thru Labor Day: 11:00 a.m.
• Rest of the year: 3:00 p.m.
We Sincerely Hope You Enjoy Your Visit!
Your comments and suggestions are welcome and may be made to the park manager or directly to:
East Tawas City Park Commission
407 West Bay Street
East Tawas, MI 48730
NO RESERVATIONS BUT CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT HOW TO GET INTO THE CAMPGROUND